Pop-A-Plug® Tube Plugs – Engineered Tube Plugging Solution to Seal Leaking or Degrading Tubes
Curtiss-Wright EST Group offers a complete line of tube plugs (Pop-A-Plugs) and plugging systems designed for quickly preparing and plugging leaking and degraded Heat Exchanger, condenser and boiler tubes.
Pop-A-Plug® Tube Plugs are a mechanical solution that minimize installer fatigue and protect against damage to tubesheet ligaments and adjacent tubesheet joints
- Helium leak tight seal to 1 x 10-6 cc/sec
- Plug material matches tube material preventing thermal expansion and contraction issues and/or undesirable galvanic interaction
- Metal to metal seal will not leak or degrade like elastomer plugs
- Accommodates Through-the-Tube Plugging™ applications
- Lowest lifecycle cost compared to alternative tube plugging methods
- Readily available from stock with 24/7 emergency manufacturing capability
- Meets ASME PCC-2-2015 recommendations and EPRI criteria
Pop-A-Plug Heat Exchanger Tube Plugs are suitable for service in operating pressures up to 7,000 psi (480 Bar) and are designed to outlast the life of the unit.
- Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers
- Air Cooled Heat Exchanger
- Lube Oil Cooler
- Drain Coolers
- Floating Head Heat Exchangers
- Feedwater Heaters
PipeServ can supply qualified technicians or train your personal onsite to be competent to install Pop-A-Plugs across a range of applications.
Download Technical Information Documents
- Full Line Guide
- Pressure Test & Isolation Plug Line Guide
- Heat Exchanger Plugging & Testing Product Line Guide