POP-A-PLUGS – Engineered tube plug solution to seal leaking or degraded tubes
Curtiss Wright EST Group offers a complete line of tube plug and plugging systems designed for quickly preparing and plugging leaking and degraded Heat Exchanger, condenser and boiler tubes. These engineered tube plugs are recommended in ASME PCC2 and won’t cause further damage to your surrounding tubes or tube sheet ligaments like traditional hammer in tapered plugs are prone to do.
- Reduced Downtime as installation time including tube prep is a couple of minutes per tube
- Most cost effective tube plugging solution as rework and labour costs are reduced dramatically.
- These plugs increase the safety of personal as there is no welding in hazardous areas and in turn reduces the amount of time normally required such as no hot-work permits and no purging and no NDT to ensure the welds are leak tight.
- The Pop-A-Plugs are permanent when installed, but are also removable should you need to re-tube.
- Controlled installation which eliminates damage to the tube ligaments or tube-sheet, which is common with hitting in tapered plugs.
Pop-A-Plug Heat Exchanger Tube Plugs are suitable for service in operating pressures up to 7,000 psi (480 Bar) and are designed to outlast the life of the unit.
- Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers
- Air Cooled Heat Exchanger
- Lube Oil Cooler
- Drain Coolers
- Floating Head Heat Exchangers
- Low Pressure Feedwater Heaters
PipeServ can supply qualified technicians or train your personal onsite to be competent to install Pop-A-Plugs across a range of applications.
Download Technical Information Documents